Relocating company employees or new hires to another city or state because business is growing and scaling is an ideal situation. Finding exceptional talent and bringing them to you is how companies continue to grow and evolve. Regardless of the reason, the nuances of corporate relocation will make all the difference if the objective is a smooth transition for current or future employees and your business, while also keeping downtime to a minimum.
Attracting, retaining and developing top talent is a high priority for many companies. Whether you are the business owner or head the HR department, you know that employee relocation is more than approving moving expenses. A company's best resources are those that bring productivity and profitability. Having a healthy corporate moving program for employees will not only attract and keep the best talent but will also make a company stay or become more competitive. A structured relocation package should align with any talent management agenda.
As the person tasked with overseeing an employee relocation program, you will have your share of duties to perform such as:
- Recognize those who are prime candidates for mobility and letting them know in advance of a relocation opportunity.
- Plan the budget for each relocating employee. The moving expenses for an individual who is renting will be different than a family of four that owns their home. How will employees be compensated? Will they receive a lump sum, be reimbursed, have a limited budget? Just a few things to work out so that the company and employee both benefit in this transition.
- Negotiating a relocation contract is vital when uprooting someone's life. How will the cost of living differentiate? Is there a salary adjustment? Will there be help with the selling and buying of a home?
The above are just a few of the many things that HR will play a role in, and we have not mentioned the hiring of a moving company yet.
Finding a professional and competent corporate relocation company is a job in itself. Depending on the type of relocation compensation, coordination will be between the moving company and HR or the employee. There will also be reporting oversight HR will have to adhere to when managing employee relocation. A moving company that will monitor and measure everything from tracking shipments to billing and invoicing and quickly handling claim settlements all while giving you 24-hour access is a great sign. Doing your due diligence to thoroughly research corporate relocation company choices and making the best selection will lessen the burden on employees, the HR department and the company as a whole.
The A-1 Freeman Moving Group Difference
A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers a comprehensive suite of employee mobility services. We can relocate employees, groups, and workspaces while attending to and streamlining all of the requirements and reporting a company may have within their relocation program.
We undertake several measures to assure satisfaction, below is a high-level outline of our employee relocation process:
- Corporate Needs Assessment
- Corporate Profile Creation
- Employee Education
- Employee Move Assistance
- Ongoing Communication Throughout
- Post-Move Follow-Up
Moving is a tough job even if all you have to deal with is logistics. Depending on the scope of the move, relocating can be intricate and time-consuming. With over 40 years in the moving industry, A-1 Freeman has a proven system in place to make the most difficult relocations a smooth passage.
We are not a company that boasts; we let our work and happy customers do that for us, but here are some things that set us apart.
We offer a multitude of corporate relocation services including:
- Full-service loading and unloading
- Tear down and reassembly
- Climate controlled shipping
And much more...
- We have skilled and trained crews of movers and drivers that are background checked and drug tested. Our employees are efficient and safety-aware at all times.
- We provide a dedicated project manager that will coordinate with you and your employees from start to finish.
- Domestic and global relocation solutions.
We understand that we are not merely transporting possessions but transporting lives. Our mission is to provide a safe and efficient moving service while giving all involved peace of mind. We will help take the burden off of your employees, the stress away from the HR department and get your company back to business as usual.
For more information on how our corporate relocation solutions can assist you, contact us anytime or call (866) 723-5292.