We get it: household moves
are a huge undertaking even if you’re not moving far. But as our past customers will tell you, we can handle the details of any move. So getting you moved across the street or across town is a breeze for us. And, with our wide array of residential moving services, we can make your local move a breeze for you too!
We let you choose just which of our moving services you want – to fit your expectations as well as your budget. Here are your options:
- Full Service Packing: We pack everything in your household for you; you supervise.
- Fragile-Only Packing: In our more than four decades of professional moving, we’ve perfected our skills in packing even the most delicate items. We’ll create a custom packing plan for the fragile pieces you have in your home, such as moving your piano.
- Self Pack: We know from experience that many homeowners prefer packing their possessions themselves. If you’re that kind of do-it-yourselfer, we’re happy to accommodate you. But we’re also happy to help however much or little you need us, especially with things – mirrors and mattresses, for instance – that require non-standard boxes. We’ll share packing tips with you, too. Besides that, we can also arrange to deliver all the packing materials and moving supplies you need.
Your possessions aren’t all the same size, shape, and weight. What you pack them in can’t be, either. So we offer ...
- standard moving boxes sized anywhere from 1.5 to 6 cubic feet
- wardrobe boxes
- mirror boxes – perfect for moving not just mirrors but also glass tabletops and framed artwork or photos
- mattress boxes in every size
- dishpack barrels – extra-sturdy, with built-in dividers, to keep your china and other dishware safe during the move
- furniture stretchwrap to prevent snagging, tearing, and soiling
Loading and Unloading
For 40-plus years, we’ve excelled at moving people out of one home and into another safely, smoothly, and without all the typical strains and stresses. To make your local move a pleasant one, we offer ...
- Disassembly/Assembly Service: We’ll take the really big stuff apart for you – like beds, swing sets, and entertainment centers. Then, after moving it to your new home, we’ll put it all back together again.
- Residence Protection Pads: We always use these to protect stair railings, tight corners, and doors from damage when moving your possessions out – and in.
- Carpet Covers: Laying carpet covers is standard with us, too, for keeping high traffic areas clean during a move.
- Systematic Loading: We make sure we label and inventory your moving boxes according to where they’ll be placed in your new home, as you desire.
- Systematic Unloading: At your new home, we move your belongings into the rooms you want them in.
- Unpacking: Want us to do some or all of it for you? Just say so, and it’s done!
- Debris Removal: When the move’s complete and everything’s unpacked, our movers can clear out all the empty moving boxes and packing materials for you.
Rest assured that our crews will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard your belongings while they're in our care.
We have the perfect solution for people – and there are many of them – who have to move out of their current home long before they can move into a new one: A-1 Freeman storage. Our warehouses are huge and provide a safe, secure environment in which to store your belongings until your new home is ready. Various storage options, all at a reasonable price, are available to fit your budget and needs. Ask your A-1 Freeman Move Coordinator about the ideal moving storage option
Installation & Assembly Services
Avoid added headaches. Let us arrange for ...
- the connection of appliances in your new home,
- the assembly of hot tubs and other such amenities, or
- additional cleaning services.
Just ask your Move Coordinator for details.
With A-1 Freeman, there’s no guesswork involved in determining the cost of your local move. We provide you with a written estimate based on the moving services you’ve chosen. And we give you these options, which your Move Coordinator will be happy to explain further ...
- Bottom Line Pricing: This is your total guaranteed price, based on your moving estimate.
- Not-To-Exceed Pricing: This specifies that you could pay less for your move than the price specified in the moving estimate, but you will not pay more than that.
- Customized Pricing: This combines your guaranteed price with additional, separate service costs as applicable.
Are there other services you need that aren’t covered here? Talk with your A-1 Freeman Move Coordinator.
And if you’d like to know more about our local residential moving services before you commit, please don’t hesitate to call us and speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable Customer Support Specialists. You can also, without obligation ...
Request a free quote