The farther you have to move, the more you’ll appreciate the services and experience of A-1 Freeman. Long-distance moving
is a specialty of ours. Our careful attention to detail, our professionalism, and our wide array of customized, personal moving services make all the difference in the world. Our goal is to exceed your expectations by customizing a long distance moving solution that fits both your needs and your budget.
The Moving Process
Moving your whole household may seem like a daunting task. Breaking it down into smaller segments makes it much easier to understand and to manage.
If you are just trying to get a rough idea of how much a professional move will cost so that you can start budgeting, give us a call! We can provide you with a ballpark estimate after we gather some basic information from you, such as the kinds of moving services required and where you plan to move from and to. Please note that this ballpark estimate may increase or decrease, depending on the services you ultimately purchase.
The Home Survey
One of our Relocation Consultants will meet with you at your home to assess your moving needs, to explain all of your moving options and to discuss your move. Your home will be fully surveyed by completing a room-to-room walk-through inventory of the items you’ll need moved. Your Relocation Consultant will alert you of items that cannot be loaded onto the moving van and items that will need special considerations or handling.
The Written Estimate
After talking with you, taking the move options
you’ve chosen into account, and reviewing the results of your home survey, your Relocation Consultant will deliver a written estimate that details the cost of your long-distance move
Need help understanding your written estimate? Ask your Relocation Consultant or check out this blog post
as a reference.
The Customer Agreement
Signing your move contract indicates that you agree to our terms and pricing.
Spelled out in the agreement are:
- the estimated cost of the move
- safety and insurance details
- the move locations
- move dates and times
- descriptions of the moving services you’ve chosen
The Move Plan
At this point, you’ll be introduced to your personal A-1 Freeman Move Coordinator. He or she will help you solidify the details of your move from start to finish. It begins with a confirmation of the dates, addresses, and services you’ve chosen. Then, you’ll go over the move process so that you know what to expect from your move. Go ahead, ask questions! That’s what your Move Coordinator is for – to give you answers, keep you updated throughout the move process, and keep the process going smoothly, quickly, and flawlessly.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
When your move date is approaching, we will contact you by phone or email to confirm it and to verify that all of the dates, times, locations, and other essentials are correct in our system. We can answer any last minute questions that you might have and go over what to expect when moving day has arrived.
When it comes to packing, you have several options. Your Relocation Consultant will help you select the one that best suits your needs and budget:
- Standard Self-Pack: You do the packing yourself. To help, we offer tips on how to pack efficiently and can deliver the packing materials.
- Full Service Packing: Our trained professionals pack it all. From top to bottom, we do it all.
- Fragile-only Packing: We pack all of the breakable items - china, dishes, mirrors - and you take care of the rest.
If packing was arranged through A-1 Freeman Moving Group, a team of trained packers will arrive as mutually agreed upon with your Move Coordinator before your scheduled departure.
Our loading process is simple, organized, safe, and effective:
- The truck and crew will arrive at your residence.
- The crew will introduce themselves.
- The crew will perform a walk-through of your home to familiarize themselves with it and the items they’ll be moving.
- Crew preps home to protect it:
- Stair railings, tight corners, doors and jamb are padded.
- Carpets are covered to keep high-traffic areas clean.
- Moving boxes are labeled and inventoried by room, taking into account your needs on arrival at your new home.
- Items such as beds, entertainment centers, and swing sets are carefully disassembled for transport.
- Quality checks are performed throughout the loading process.
- Communication is maintained with your Move Coordinator.
While your goods are in transit to your new residence, your Move Coordinator and Driver will be in contact to confirm the delivery details.
Would you like to track your shipment online? Click here
and enter your contract number and the first three letters of your last name.
At your new home, we’re equally careful and organized in unloading and placing your possessions.
- We use padding and carpet covers to protect your new home from any move-in damage.
- We systematically place your belongings in the rooms you tell us to place them.
- We reassemble items we disassembled for the move.
- If you want us to unpack items for you, just tell us and we’ll do it.
- We can, if you like, also remove all the empty boxes and packing supplies from your home when the move is completed.
The Post-Move Follow-up
After the move, your Move Coordinator will call you to make sure everything went to your satisfaction. He or she also will address any issues that might need resolving. Above all, your Move Coordinator will, on behalf of everyone at A-1 Freeman, THANK YOU for choosing us as your long-distance mover
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote