The Written Estimate
Based on our consultation with you and the results of your home survey, we’ll provide you with a written estimate of what your move will cost you. This written estimate details the cost with far more precision than our initial ballpark estimate.
The written estimate addresses every aspect of your shipment, including:
- Estimate type - usually either binding or non-binding
- Valuation - usually either full (replacement) value protection or waiver of full (replacement) value protection
- Moving services you’ve requested
- 3rd party services that are needed
- Estimated weight of your shipment
The Customer Agreement
Once you’ve determined your best options and agreed to our terms and pricing, you’ll sign an agreement with us. This is your move contract which confirms details of your move, such as:
- Origin and destination locations
- Move dates and times
- The moving services you’ve chosen
- Other details such as cost, safety, and insurance
The Move Plan
This is the stage at which your very own A-1 Freeman Move Coordinator contacts you to:
- Confirm the packing, loading and delivery dates that you have requested and verify the addresses involved
- Confirm which of our services you have requested
- Counsel you on the move process and what to expect from your move
- Answer your questions
Your Move Coordinator is your one point of contact from this point forward. He or she will keep you apprised of everything that’s happening with your local residential move – to ensure as fast, flawless, and hassle-free a move as humanly possible.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date approaches, we’ll send you an email or give you a call to confirm that everything planned for is still a “go.” We’ll double check the details and make a final confirmation of dates, times, locations, and other aspects of the move to keep it on track.
As always, we give you options to fit your needs and budget.
You can choose from:
- Standard Self-Pack - you pack yourself (and we can deliver the packing materials, if you want)
- Full Service Packing - let our full-service movers help you pack
- Fragile-only Packing - go with a customized plan where you start the packing and we help with specialty items and fragile items
When the truck and crew arrive, they’ll introduce themselves and do a walk-through of your home to get familiar with the layout and what needs moving. Then they’ll prep the home to protect it, padding stair rails, tight corners, doors and jambs, and laying carpet covers to keep high-traffic areas clean. Next, they’ll follow a systematic loading procedure, where moving boxes are labeled and inventoried according to rooms and your needs on arrival at your new home. Items that need disassembling – anything from entertainment centers to beds to swing sets – are carefully taken apart at this time. Throughout the loading process, quality checks are performed and communication with your Move Coordinator is maintained.
Once we get your shipment safely to your new home – on time and intact, we take every precaution to unload it.
- Residence protection - using protection pads and carpet covers to keep your your new home pristine during the move-in process
- Systematic unloading – where we place your belongings into the rooms you want them in, at your direction
- Reassembly - putting back together of items disassembled for the move – beds, etc.
- Unpacking – just say the word; we’ll take care of it
- Debris removal – if you like, our crews will take away all the empty moving boxes and supplies after the unpacking
The Post-Move Follow-up
This is where your personal A-1 Freeman Move Coordinator calls you to see how you felt about the move … gauge the quality of the services we provided … address any issues that might remain … and, most of all, THANK YOU for choosing A-1 Freeman! Your complete satisfaction is of prime importance to us.
Request a free quote