April 11, 2015
Things you probably don't know about Killeen Texas!
As your preferred Kileen mover, we’d like to share some fun information about the beautiful city of Kileen, Texas. Whether you’re thinking about moving to Kileen or are just interested in visiting – this list will be sure to peak your interested in this humble town.
1. Elvis Presley was stationed at Fort Hood and lived in Kileen at one time
2. Kileen is the 21 most populated city in Texas
3. The economy is heavily dependent on the Fort Hood post, soldiers and their families
4. Kileen hosts a farmers market each at Green Avenue Park on Fridays from 11 am – 3 pm, beginning in May
5. Food Truck Fridays are a fun event hosted on Fridays at Green Avenue Park
6. There are 20+ parks throughout the city. Here’s a map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zq7Yd5u-LUZs.kUmPFXgHridk
7. There is a 2.5 mile hike and bike trail that runs through the city – it starts at 2201 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd and ends behind Kileen Community Center
8. There is a spray pad located at 1101 Branch Drive
9. Kids 3 and under can get in free at Long Branch and Pershing Park Pools
10. Fitness Classes are held at the Family Rec Center: http://www.killeentexas.gov/index.php?section=660
If you’ve lived in Kileen or have visited, leave some more fun facts in the comments section below.
And, as always, if you want to move to or within Kileen – we would be happy to give you a free moving quote – just call 866-408-4247.