When you know that you need to move, there are a lot of emotions that will hit you all at once. There’s going to be a mixture of excitement, dread, worry, joy, and a whole bunch of others in the mix. With all of this going on, it can be hard to focus on the task at hand, which is finding a new place to call home. As a professional moving company
, we’ve been in the industry for years which has allowed us to see a lot of different angles when it comes to picking out a new location. Here are several tips to keep in mind to get the most out of your next move.
- When looking at a house or apartment, make sure you also take the time to take a look at the surrounding area to see what all is there. Is it important to you to be able to walk to your favorite coffee shop? Do you want a grocery store within 5 minutes of you? Do you need quick access to a path or trail system for biking or jogging? All of these details will help you determine if a house is in the correct location for you.
- Are you in need of additional sources of transportation? Make sure you scope out where the nearest bus or subway stops are. Taking public transportation to and from work offer a huge savings throughout the year. Make sure that you have easy access to these locations from your potential new house.
- Get a rundown of the Homeowners Association rules and regulations if the neighborhood has one. You don’t want to be caught off guard by unexpected maintenance costs other than what it takes to keep up on your yard and exterior. These dues should all be factored into your decision prior to making the purchase.
- Outside of looking at your own house, take a close look at the other homes in the neighborhood. Are all of the lawns meticulously groomed or are they a little on the wild side? Is this acceptable to you? Are you going to be able to put in the money or time to keep up on the level of work required to keep your exterior in just as good of shape? You might need to look into a slightly less rigid neighborhood if not.
- How much noise is in the neighborhood? Try to hang around the neighborhood for a bit at different times of the day. Typically you’ll want to see how noisy it is during rush hour, and around bedtime for you. If you’re near an often used roadway, you’ll want to make sure that the noise from the traffic isn’t going to drive you crazy.
If you make sure you look into all of these items before making your purchase, you’ll be a lot happier at the end of the day. Once you finally find the location of your dreams, let us know if you need help with the move. Our team here at A-1 Freeman can provide you with expert local
and long distance moving services
, packing assistance
, and every other moving service you can think of. Get started with a completely free moving estimate
Request a free quote