By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
usually offer a selection of related services which are created to help families with a smooth move. Some offer local storage, several are able to help you move certain things, and many can help with a professional packing service to pack-up houses for their moving clients. As a professional moving company
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers all of these services, and have helped thousands of people enjoy a smooth, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We also get many questions about professional packing and precisely it involves. You could be contemplating "Do I really need help with packing?" and if so, what service do you need, and how should you arrange it? We're available to answer all the important questions regarding a professional packing service for your future move.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your residence requires a great deal of effort. Most people will need at least a couple months of nights and weekends to get everything boxed, labeled, and all ready for the moving company. However, not everybody is capable to handle their own packing - or finish all their packing by moving day. If packing boxes is not something you want to do, or in the event your schedule has zero room for packing, it's a smart idea to schedule your packing service early.
People Who Often Need a Packing Service
If you think you would need a packing service, do not worry, you won’t be the only one. Many various kinds of people (and moves) need professional packing in order to make sure everything get done on time, and we are able to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Following are several very common examples of people who often require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Are on a Tight Time Schedule
- Parents of Young Children
- Professionals Relocating on a Tight Schedule
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence typically requires between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your home and how many things you own. As a general rule, you can estimate that it should take approximately two hours for each room in your residence or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered areas. Remember the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to get a good quote on packing your residence is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your residence should help the moving company to quickly estimate how many hours and people it should take to pack your residence within one or two days.
Whole vs Partial Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers pack up your whole home including your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – all things. However, you can also inquire about a select packing service. Many people ask the moving company just to take care of bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to make sure it is done right. Some ask their movers just to pack kitchen items and fragile items, because movers know how it is done and will have all the right materials.
Select packing services should make it possible to secure the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by utilizing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
When you confirm a professional packing service, what might you expect? Professional packing generally takes between one and two days of work, usually scheduled back-to-back if the packing runs into a second day. Packers may commence to meticulously box all your belongings based on their location.
- Packing One Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and each box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, shoes, electronics) so that rooms will be simple to put back together when you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you will want to be on site to provide oversight and answer questions. Packers could ask you about broken items, categories, or which labels to utilize. They may have certain questions about how you would like them to pack specific things or rooms.
- If you can’t be personally there, keep your phone on hand to answer questions remotely, and you may want a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the best benefits of professional packing is that each and every box will be a perfect fit. Years of experience and all the right materials mean that your team gets how to pack a box so that it will stack safely in the moving truck and unpack conveniently on arrival. They should also usually label your boxes so you should be able to locate specific things and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The final step is stacking your cartons to prepare for the arrival of the moving truck. You might ask the professional movers to leave boxes in the areas for which they were packed, or to place all of them in the living room for speedy, efficient truck loading when the time comes.
How Do You Get Ready for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers are scheduled to be there soon? You may make the day less chaotic and the packing more organized with a bit of prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make certain you have clean dishes and folded or hung up laundry if you are asking your professional movers to pack up the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Proper Rooms
- When the residence is packed and unpacked, it's done by room. While you may not have to fully tidy up, placing items in their proper room is a good method to make sure they end up in the right box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Task your family to come up with pantry-emptying meals and donate whatever is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move your food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, make a list of any things you happen to be concerned about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman
When you have a big move coming up, you might not have the time or ability to do all the packing on your own - and that's OK. Full-service professional movers like A-1 Freeman offers professional packing services. Get in touch with us today to talk about the packing services your move may require.
Request a free quote