First Things First: Selling Your Home
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving tips and best practices should include finding the best way to sell your home. It is not always easy to sell a home quickly. It takes time and research of the local real estate market. Take an inventory of current listings for sale in your neighborhood and pay close attention to those like your own. This will give you some idea of a good listing price for your home. If your home is overpriced, it may sit on the market for too long. Your local real estate agent can guide you through pricing your home and will take into consideration any renovations that you completed while you owned the home.
Of course, you will have to attend to housekeeping such as thoroughly cleaning the interior and exterior of the house including a thorough washing of any siding or paneling. A fresh coat of paint will also make the house look its best when being presented to potential buyers. Consider the services of a professional landscaper to give the home curb appeal. All these little things will go a long way toward increasing property value when you list your home. And, a tidy home with good curb appeal will attract many potential buyers.
After you have your home sold, there are a few moving tips to keep in mind as you begin working with a moving company.
- Declutter your home and pack up items you no longer need. Donate these items to a charitable organization.
- If possible, plan for a sitter for your children and pets to make moving day easier.
- Ask the professional movers about any items that need special preparation for shipping or items that cannot be shipped.
- Make sure to clean all items before packing so that they will be in good condition when arriving at your new home.
- Clearly label your boxes so that unpacking will go smoothly.
Follow these tips as you work with your moving company for a trouble-free relocation. Good luck moving into your new dream home!
Request a free quote